Skip to main content
NJ Treatises & Practice Materials
Jury Instructions & Jury Verdics
Free NJ Legal Sites
- Library of Congress Guide to New Jersey Law Online
- LSNJ LAW: You and the Law in New Jersey
- New Jersey Legal Research Handbook 5th Edition Supplement by Paul Axel-Lute
- New Jersey Legal Resources (at N.J.State Library)
- FindLaw New Jersey State Law Resources Legal Research Sources, Career Resources, Directories and NJ News and Media
- N.J. Law Network
- lexisONE (registration required): Includes NJ caselaw from the last five years, searchable with Lexis connectors and segment- restrictions, and retrievable in full text at no charge.
- New Jersey Law 1790s-1920s (Prof. Paul Clemens, History Dep't, Rutgers Univ.), a collection of statutes and cases on abortion, divorce law, water rights & other economic disputes, criminal responsibility, and slavery.
- Rutgers Univ. Law School, Newark Law Library
- Rutgers Univ. Law School, Camden Law Library
- Seton Hall Univ. Law School Rodino Law Library
- New Jersey State Law Library
- Washburn University School of Law NJ State Law Links
NJ Legal Newspapers and Legal Periodicals
Publications for the Layperson on NJ Law and Court Procedure
- You and the Law in New Jersey: A Resource Guide, by Melville D. Miller, Jr., Leighton A. Holness, and the Staff of Legal Services of New Jersey. Rutgers University Press, 1998, ISBN 0-8135-2532-2, paper, $19.00
- Elder Law in New Jersey: Finding Solutions for Legal Problems, by Alice K. Dueker. Rutgers University Press, 2000, ISBN 0-8135-2736-8, paper, $18.00.
- Consumer's Guide to the New Jersey Lemon Law (from N.J. Division of Consumer Affairs)
- Legal Services of New Jersey, Self-Help Publications. Publications viewable at this site include:
Also on the site are prices and order information for print versions.
- Clearing Your Record, a guide to expungement of arrest or conviction records (note: web edition does not include forms).
- Know Your Welfare Rights (five titles, each available in either English or Spanish)
- Looking Out for Your Legal Rights (monthly newsletter)
- Tenants' Rights in New Jersey
- Termination of Parental Rights: A Handbook for Parents
- New Jersey Division of Civil Rights, Fact Sheets: Eight fact sheets on various kinds of discrimination, designed for downloading and reproduction.
- New Jersey Judiciary, Forms and Kits for Self-Represented Litigants (Pro Se). (See also the United States District Court, District of New Jersey, Procedural Guide for Pro Se Litigants, and the page Filing Without An Attorney at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Dist.of N.J.)
- New Jersey State Bar Foundation Publications alphabetical list and order form includes links to online versions; the titles that can be viewed at or downloaded from this site include:
- AIDS and the Law in New Jersey: A Practical Guide (1996)
- Consumer's Guide to New Jersey Law (2000)
- Disability Law: A Legal Primer (4th ed., 1999)
- Law Points for Senior Citizens (1996)
- Legal Consequences of Substance Abuse
- The Right to Special Education in New Jersey: A Guide for Advocates (Education Law Center, 2002)
- Students Rights Handbook (ACLU-NJ)
- You Have the Right! Your Rights as a Young Person in New Jersey (Association for Children of New Jersey, 2001)
- New Jersey Taxpayer's Bill of Rights (from Div. of Taxation)
- Women's Guide to Rights & Resources in New Jersey (from League of Women Voters)