Tip: Do not assume that a database is an "official" source. Does the database state that it is an official source? Can the researcher verify this statement? Is the material in PDF or similar format?
New York State:
- New York State Register
- Weekly register published by NYS Department of State.
- Often, New York State Register provides only abstracts of proposed or adopted regulations.
- Tip:To obtain texts, researchers can contact agency personnel listed in New York State Register.
- Includes table: Hearings Scheduled for Proposed Rule Makings.
- Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York ("NYCRR")
- Provides text of adopted regulations, arranged by subject + annotations.
New York City:
- The City Record
- Weekday newspaper published by NYC.
- Provides texts of proposed & adopted rules.
- Provides notices of agency public hearings.
- The Official Compilation of the Rules of the City of New York: with Annotations
- Provides text of adopted rules, arranged by subject + annotations.
- Tip: Researchers can update The Official Compilation of the Rules of the City of New York: with Annotations by reviewing The City Record (weekday newspaper) & CityLaw (bi-monthly news source). Also, researchers can contact a NYC agency to determine whether the agency has recently amended particular regulations.