The library staff works to ensure that the BLS library is a helpful, friendly and welcoming place for students and others to work, read, and study. Please observe the following policies when using the library:
- Food & Drink: Students may have "light snacks" in the library. Light snacks, such as food generally dispensed in vending machines: candy, cookies, chips, pretzels, donuts, bagels, etc., are permitted. In other words, packaged foods which can easily be eaten dry and with the hands. The library reserves the right to determine which food items are acceptable and which are not appropriate for library consumption. Non-alcoholic beverages in covered containers are permitted.
- Noise: Please keep conversations in the reading rooms to a minimum. You may reserve a study room for group study/conversations.
- Cell Phones: Please move to the library corridors to make or receive a call.
- Protect Your Valuables: Do not leave your laptop, iPad, cell phone or other valuables unattended. Security cables are available for loan at the circulation desk. Brooklyn Law School is not responsible for stolen property.
- Lost Items: Items found in the library are turned over to the BLS Lobby Guard. Check there for lost items.
- Fire Drills: For everyone's safety, Brooklyn Law School has regular fire drills. Please exit the library as soon as you hear the fire alarm go off. Take anything of value with you. Library staff will be available to direct you to the nearest exit.