Brooklyn Law School was founded in 1901 by William Payson Richardson and Norman Heffley. In 1903 it became affilliated with St. Lawrence University in order to secure degree-conferring authority for its first class. The school's affilliation with St. Lawrence University ended in 1943 when it became an independent law school.
Charter and By-Law of the Law Department of the St. Lawrence University (Brooklyn Law School, 1922) (Archiv KF 292 B76 C33 1922)
For information about the BLS archival collection, e-mail Linda Holmes: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (718)780-7974.
See the history of Brooklyn Law School and the book written about the school's first hundred years at the links below: