Skip to Main Content
Finding Books: Tips
- New books are coming! When you access this guide in future, please reload this web page to view new acquisitions.
- To search for books in this guide: When you use the search box (top right), place a few words from a book's title in quotation marks.
- Search example: "Just Mercy" will direct you to the guide box containing information about this book.
- To find books in BLS Library: search SARA catalog. BLS researchers who plan to work off campus and do not live in a BLS residence: implement the BLS proxy server instructions for 1 web browser, then close/reopen that browser. This will allow you to access BLS ebooks off campus. (If you successfully implement the BLS proxy instructions, a prompt will appear requesting your BLS username/password.)
- Need help implementing the BLS proxy instructions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tip re. EBC ebooks in BLS Library's SARA catalog: First-time use of the EBC ebook platform requires BLS patrons to click: Create Account. Subsequent use of an EBC ebook: a BLS patron will need to enter the patron's username (format: email@example.com) & password.
- BLS Library tries to provide multiple-user access to ebooks. But sometimes vendors do not offer this purchase option or the option is expensive. Faculty who wish to assign readings from "single-user" BLS Library ebooks: please contact your librarian liaison or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss access/library purchase options.
- To identify resources in many other libraries: search WorldCat.
- To place interlibrary loan requests for books, book chapters, articles, reports and other material: Click tab: ILL in SARA catalog and enter your BLS user name & password.
- Need help identifying material to support your research? Contact: email@example.com