Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
International Commercial Arbitration & Investment Arbitration Databases
- Kluwer Arbitration (subscription database)
- In BLS Library's catalog record, follow link: ACCESS ONLINE VERSION (WOLTERS KLUWER)
- Kluwer Arbitration includes conventions, model laws, laws, commentary (journals and treatises), cases and arbitral awards. It provides material from two well-known Kluwer print publications: Yearbook: Commercial Arbitration (containing selected cases and arbitral awards) and International Handbook on Commercial Arbitration (containing reports about arbitration developments in specific countries and texts of countries’ arbitration laws). It also provides selected arbitration journals.
- In Kluwer Arbitration database, click the question mark to the right of the main screen search box to retrieve search query construction tips.
- In Kluwer Arbitration database, use the search filters "pull down" menu to the left of the main screen search box. Available search filters include: author, content type and jurisdiction.
- UNCITRAL > Texts and Status > International Commercial Arbitration (publicly accessible database)
- Includes UNCITRAL's conventions, explanatory texts, model law on international commercial arbitration and the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules.
- Includes searchable CLOUT database of cases and arbitral awards re. conventions/model laws that emanated from UNCITRAL’s work.
- Westlaw (subscription database)
- Provides International Arbitration Materials
- Provides Practical Law > Arbitration
- Provides Practical Law > Global Home > Arbitration
- Provides American Law Reports International, which includes:
- Construction and Application of United Nations Convention on Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards, June 10, 1958, 330 U.N.T.S. 38, Also Known as "New York Convention”—Global Cases: Waiver of Right of Arbitration or Review, Adequacy of Notice of Proceedings, and Scope of Matters Submitted to Arbitration.
- Construction, Application and Interpretation of Washington Convention and ICSID Arbitration Rules and Additional Facility Rules through ICSID Arbitral Awards.
- Provides American Review of International Arbitration, Dispute Resolution Journal, International Arbitration Law Review, Vindobona Journal of International Commercial Law and Arbitration + many other U.S./U.K. law journals, West/Sweet & Maxwell treatises about arbitration, some coverage for arbitral awards, good coverage for cases of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, U.K., U.S. and laws of Australia, Canada, U.K., U.S.
- Provides: Restatement of the U.S. Law of International Commercial and Investor–State Arbitration (drafts + case citations)
- Law360.com > section: International Arbitration provides legal news and expert commentary. (Accessible off-campus to BLS students, faculty and administrators if you have implemented the BLS proxy instructions for one web browser.)
- University of Victoria Faculty of Law, italaw (publicly accessible database) provides decisions and arbitral awards.
- Investment Arbitration Reporter (subscription database) provides news, analysis and links to many decisions and arbitral awards.
- Investor State Law Guide (subscription database) provides international investment treaties, rules, awards and decisions. Highly useful: includes an Article Citator, Jurisprudence Citator and Publication CItator.